08 October 2013

Day 24 (Oct. 5th)

Honey Flow Farm chanting and sound healing for the yoga class!

today i had the pleasure of chanting in nature (one of my favorite places to sing) for the beginning
and end of honey flow yoga out in jackson, ca.

the beginning of the class I led a chant (using the shruti box as the drone instrument):

om mani padme hum

for self compassion, this tibetan chant is said to contain all chants within it. i led the participants through a journey of opening their voices and placing their hands on their hearts in order to make contact with the heart. i have found this is useful for myself so I am hoping that it also helps others.

at the end of the class while everyone was in final relaxation pose i chanted and used the crystal bowl as the drone.  one man fell asleep so this was a sign i did something right...

the combination of making music and singing in nature in this way is really special to me. i wish i would have had more time to really ground into the place itself but i was only there for a short period of time.

being on a farm and eating a meal that literally grew 5 feet away from our table made so much sense to me. so much more connected and congruent then how i normally experience food. singing in nature also makes a lot of sense to me too. i felt so much more grounded and was able to lead a chant which is definitely out of my comfort zone...

No comments:

Post a Comment