15 May 2011

dance my life- live my dance (a spiral conversation)

the notion that dancing informs life and life informs my dance is something I am just starting to explore. i have never thought of dance in such a way that it can actually inform my life. although it may be "silent", it speaks. it is a language. what is it that is needing to be expressed that comes through my dance? subconscious elements can surface through the medium of dance and movement.
i have just spent the past two days in a training with Anna Halprin. A 90 year old storehouse of knowledge, spirit, zest and gentleness, Anna is a living treasure. This weekend was about the felt, kinesthetic experience. connection with others. trusting in another.



let me lead you with my one hand while you close your eyes and trust
you can fill in the spaces
when I let your hand go, you stop and feel the emptyness from which all movement
arises
i lead you to sunshine
your toe dips in a small puddle
the light rays warm your closed eyes

i have never known the color that I see now behind these eyes- closed
new to sunlight, we turn around and I trust you
what is the next place for me?
i kneel and drape myself over you
a passive form in space

even i don't know the next step
eyes open, i watch you softly
i care about you
grace moves you

No comments:

Post a Comment